Tuesday, June 11, 2013

House Progress


Jeff and Randy have finished cutting, jointing, moving, placing, and leveling all of the foundation beams.  They are all set on the mocked up foundation pillars in the backyard.  I must say, at first I was disappointed at the size of the house's footprint, but the bottom floor is only the kitchen, living room, dining room, and a half bath.  Plus, as I told Jeff, I would much rather see a smaller foundation than expected, but have the possibility of actually building the house, than to see a large and roomy space with the looming fear that it will never, ever, be finished!

The next step is to finish cutting, jointing, and assembling the floor joists.  I think we have 30 or so rough cut, which would be enough for the 1st floor. 

We continue to be on the lookout for trees that are big enough to serve as the tall posts for the house. I think we have 2, and need 10 more.












No comments:

Post a Comment